Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sabbatical


sabbatical
(from the Latin sabbaticus, from the Greek sabbatikos, from Hebrew shabbathon, i.e., Sabbath) is a rest from work, a hiatus. Our family is blessed! My husband is the pastor of a wonderful, loving, and godly congregation who gifts us with a sabbatical every two years. We have been at the church now for three years, so it is about time that we took advantage of this perk!
Tomorrow we leave for our month of spiritual retreat and rest. A family in our church has offered us their mountain home in Blowing Rock NC for the month of January, so we will be in a beautiful place hoping for snow! We are so excited about having our batteries recharged and being able to seek God and His will for our upcoming year.
We will update you from the road- though we will have to drive for an internet connection. I pray that as your year begins, that you will be able to take some time to seek His face as well!
Grace and Peace!!

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake. Psalm 23:2-3

2 comments:

Dana said...

Enjoy the Sabbatical guys! I look forward to updates on the blog! demer

Homeschool Friend said...

Oh Caroline! How refreshing! I wanna gooooo!

Have FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!

I'll be thinking of you and yours! (And trying not to be too jelous!)

Love and Joy in Jesus,
Marietta