Saturday, January 3, 2009


It's foggy outside. So thick and dark that you can only see a few feet ahead. I remember the first time I watched the fog roll into our backyard off of the ocean in Maine- I thought something was on fire. It was thick, swirly and dark. My South Carolina upbringing had never seen anything like it. Today, it's more familiar, not just outside my house, but in my heart as well. Swirly, confusing, dark- it feels like I could lose my way. But for one thing- Jesus. He is the light that calls me forward. I don't have to be able to see any further ahead than the footstep that I am on. He leads me, and He knows where we are going. I must not lose sight of Him in the circumstances that swirl all around me. Just as Peter began to sink into the sea when he took his eyes off of Jesus, I would be lost and not know which way is forward. Praise be to Him who leads us well, who loves us well, who takes us by the hand and shows us only what we need to see when we need to see it. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." So, His way is so much better than my own. His future so much better than anything I could ever dream up. He knows and even PLANS my future! How blessed are we to serve a sovereign King who loves us that much!

2 comments:

N Dyess said...

What an awesome post!

Homeschool Friend said...

Dear Craoline,

This moved me. Thank you for sharing your heart. You touched mine.

Love, love and more love with hugs and kisses too!
Marietta