Saturday, June 4, 2011

Suspicion...

Products of our past, we act in ways that we never thought we would. A young woman showed herself at my door the other day. I opened the door a crack, then a little more. She wanted to know if we had any work for her friend. I said no, but call my husband. When I went in to write his number down for her, I closed the door behind me. Firmly. Without asking her in. Inside...out of the 95 degree heat.

Suspicion. I had allowed my actions to be ruled by my past experience. The unpleasant one where our house was broken into, and our stuff taken. My ring taken. So, instead of being ruled by love and by what Jesus would do, I failed.
I can't help think, what if she had been more than I thought. And even if she was mere mortal, she was more than I thought. Loved more by the Father than I allowed.

Next time...

Hebrews 13:2
Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

John 13:35
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Ephesians 5:2
And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

No comments: