Monday, February 22, 2010

Peace

"Peace does not come with an answer, but with the authority." from Living Beyond Yourself by Beth Moore.

When we search for peace, we often ask God for an answer. And especially a resolution of circumstance. But, we may never have an answer, and the circumstance may never be resolved, so how do we have peace? Peace comes when we place the circumstance under the authority of Jesus. Under His government. When we give it over to Him, He will give us peace. When we leave it with Him, He will give us peace. I don't know about you, but giving it over to Him is usually not difficult for me. What is difficult is leaving it with Him and not taking it back every single day!

I was recently struggling with leaving something with him, and I started thinking about a circumstance that has brought me much pain. My thoughts began to go down the road of replay and regret. I immediately prayed and asked God to help me not go down that road, and the scripture that came to my mind was "take every thought captive". 2 Corinthians 5:10. Controlling my thoughts with prayer, I was able to leave it with Him again. And then peace! Wow, it was that easy.

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.

Isaiah 9:6b-8 and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from this time forth and forevermore.

"The increase of peace accompanies the increase of Christ's government." Beth Moore

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Thanks for this post, Caroline! I have a hard time picking back up things I supposedly left at His feet. I probably didn't leave it there in the first place. He gives peace - back to Phil 4:6,7! Already I have a peace with the outcome because I know she is His.