Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still celebrating!


The fourth is just the beginning of the celebrations at our house. The fifth of July is my birthday, and the sixth is our anniversery! We have been married 18 years! (I won't tell you how old I am, you'll have to do the math!)

Sometimes I can't believe that it has been that long. Roger told the kids yesterday that he and I have been together for half our lives! It has flown by- at least the yearlys! The dailies have been a little more leisurely.

It's amazing how much God has allowed us to be a part of his work, it's also amazing how much He has changed us through it. When we got married, I thought I was marrying a Youth Pastor. What a surprise to end up with a husband who is a Pastor and Church Planter. Not exactly what I had expected though God's ways almost never are.

We have been on an incredible journey these years- by golly- we've moved 18 times!!! I am so thankful for the things that I have been learning just in the past couple of years. God is showing me a better way than before, when I was trying to do marriage my way. I am not sure that I can even articulate what I have learned- I think that both Roger and I have grown into it. He becoming even more Godly and strongly taking the leadership reins in our family. Me becoming a little more Godly and giving those reins away.

I am so truly blessed to be married to my best friend. I know it sound cheesy, but I really do love him more today than yesterday!

Thanks be to Jesus, who saw fit to give me the incredible gift of this man!!!


'

3 comments:

Amy said...

Caroline, your photo brings tears to my eyes. Happy Anniversary!

Homeschool Friend said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

THIS PHOTO OF YOU AND ROGER IS SOOOOO SWEET! I LOVE IT!

IT'S WONDERFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU. I MISS YOU SO MUCH!

Vicki E said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! Love the picture...precious!